Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Decanting to a new home



We moved to a new place in Brixton recently. While packing up our stuff, things were unearthed after several years that I forgot I had - a pair of clunky suede boots circa 2003, a cookbook in Catalan and one in Korean neither of which I can read but couldn't resist buying for the pictures and the misplaced hope I can figure out the recipes from them. Plus I had a million stashes of bobby pins and hair ties everywhere in the flat. But moving house is an exercise in self-reflection. What could the removal men have made of our wine fridge, which took up an inordinate amount of space in our closet-sized guest bedroom, the numerous boxes full of wines and our spirits collection, and all that Riedel glassware?



Our stuff has still been in boxes as we're doing some work to our new little house, but the wine glasses and corkscrew were swiftly put in a cupboard conveniently in reach. Our first dinner was takeout from our local Portuguese piri piri chicken shop, eaten straight out of the plastic containers in the middle of our forest of boxes. And a bit of Perrier-Jouet.




1 comment:

  1. This is really awesome, I have had a good experience with a wine storage before and it really made a huge difference in how good the wine tasted. Definitely was worth the investment in my opinion and I can relate to this article you published.

    ReplyDelete